Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Lost

I also forgot to report that we survived losing Kermit (in the old apartment).

He was perched on my shoulder one minute, watching me get his supper ready. The next minute, he wasn't. I completely lost it, hyperventilating, moving large appliances to check under them. (I thought he jumped to the fridge, fell behind it, then hid under our dishwasher, from whence we would never be able to retrieve him.)

Michael sent me to go get ready for bed, seeing as I was useless. After my shower, I went to our walk-in closet to get my pjs. Something skittered out from under the laundry hamper, and we found Kermit.

So somehow, he managed to go from the kitchen, down the hall, through our bedroom and into the closet (where he had never been before). He had to have run along the floor, as there is nothing to cling to along the way. He also had to have done all this in the about 30 seconds it took me to realize that he was no longer on my person.

He was also quite happy to be in the "clothes-forest," as he called it. It took a lot of convincing to get him to come back to Mommy (had to put on my bathrobe. He likes terrycloth.). --Especially when he found out he could fly from one side of the closet to the other. Oy.

No comments: