Tuesday, March 27, 2007

"I'm sorry, we just suck right now."

-- My favorite response to customers' repeated frustration over all of our out-of-stock items. Not that I would say that ... don't have the seniority to quite get away with something that potentially snarky.

Work right now is hair-tearingly frustrating; due to, I don't know, planets aligning, Peter finally making his debut as the Antichrist, global warming, a ton of our stuff is out of stock. Not just sold out, but it's just not at the warehouse right now. And we don't know when a lot of it's coming back. The next time someone responds to this explanation with, "But it's so good!" I want to slap them into next week. The one doesn't really have anything to do with the other. Yes, we're out of something because we sold it, because people buy the things they like, but we're not this out of stock just from selling lots of stuff. No, this is apocalyptic-level out of stock.

This is where living in my neighborhood really gets to me. The people here are so incredibly used to getting everything they want right now that a simple wait of two weeks for, say, trail mix, is just out of the question. GAH!

It's nice to come home to a pet. All Kermit asks is that my hands smell interesting. And "interesting" can be as little as "I touched cardboard today." Easy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't, so don't worry. Yet.

Kyle W. said...

apparently the TJ's in St. Louis Park is having the same issue. it's just too popular.

you should call me sometime...