Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Too many ideas, not much substance

Lots of things I could post ... today's happenings at the animal shelter:

  • Dutton the Overgrown Kitten is going through a phase of Not Looking Before Leaping: off my shoulder (almost into a trash can), onto the windowsill (by way of an -- oops, open -- bin of cat litter), up on top of the cages (which were almost too far away), etc.
  • The sight of a teeny kitten in a dogcatcher's net, spitting and swearing at the top of its lungs What It'll Do When It Gets Out.
  • A slightly older kitten with very wet sneezes who starts purring and making starfish-paws as soon as he sees a human looking at him.
  • Roni and Mac are still there, and still keeping me posted on all the goings-on at the shelter while I'm not there.
Another bad day at the store yesterday ... why do Some Mothers think it's OK to let their kids run completely wild in public? I'm sure I'll have a different perspective when I have my own, but ... I've seen other moms with very active kids who still manage public outings without any bloodshed. If I based my opinion of children completely on my experiences yesterday, oy.

Turns out druids come in handy -- their animal companions in particular. Out druid's eagle handily killed a couple huge spiders for us and saved our skins. And I thought druids were just a bunch of sissies. Might need to re-form that opinion.

No comments: