Monday, October 16, 2006

Meh

It's hardest to post when one hasn't in a while. Do I apologize? That would be weird -- but then, I get annoyed (inappropriately so, I know) when my friends don't post for a while.

So, anyway, what I was doing -- among other things, taking care of sick husband who may or may not have been battling a case of the mumps. Blood tests came back negative, but then there wasn't any other better reason for the very large lump that temporarily took up residence along Husband's left jaw.

In an effort to rally the troops, I borrowed one of my mother-in-law's cats for an afternoon. That turned out well (cat vomiting in transit notwithstanding), but now I really miss not having cat in the apartment.


It was an unexpected (pleasant!) surprise to be able to see Hannah a few weekends ago when she showed up for Homecoming (we ran into each other at the French Market). But I wanted to give you a heads up, Hannah -- you were probably exposed to the mumps while on campus (which is where Michael may or may not have caught it the week before), and while it's not a severe case that's going around, it is draining. He's still pretty exhausted.

I'm pretty drained, too. Don't exactly know why ... could be I've caught a micro version of what Michael had, could be PMS, could be SADD (no sun for a while), could be a simple case of ennui, don't know. I'm just going through a time where dealing with customers -- people in general -- is really driving me crazy. I'd like a little hut in the woods right about now. A simple cabin with a vegetable and herb garden in back, a little goathut past that, and an anonymous Chocolate Fairy who leaves offerings on my doorstep every morning.

Yeah, sounds like PMS.

2 comments:

Nate said...

Don't apologize. In fact, act like nothing happened. Talk about the posts you never wrote. It's more amusing that way.

Anonymous said...

I heard all about the mumps before coming and once I arrived, but I've been immunized twice in my life and feel perfectly mump-free still. Anyway, it was good to see you, Alysia, though too short a visit to really catch up. And it was a fun setting in which to find you!