Wednesday, April 19, 2006

New Hobbies

I'm pleased to say that I've started something new. Watch out, DuPage County Animal Shelter -- I'm your newest volunteer!

I figured it was time to get some more fur in my life. Usually I spend a couple hours brushing the cats. Soon it'll be High Kitten Season, and there'll be tons to do.

Aside from a bunch of very, very cuddly cats, not much to report yet. But I did walk my first Pit Bull today ... or she walked me, it's hard to say. Just when I thought I'd gotten her good and tuckered out finally, she saw a Pit Bull puppy and yanked me over to say hello. I'm not a very yankable person, but holy mother of aardvarks, was that dog strong!

Conclusion about Pit Bulls: potentially nice (this one was), just like any other dog. I think the thing that can make them so scary is their sheer potential for power. This one liked to fetch more than anything.

No comments: