Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Update

Have I mentioned Merlin's Thing?

It's water bottles. They must be Knocked Down. If I've mentioned this before, then just consider this an acknowledgment that it's still going strong. The little boy also doesn't really make with the purring and cuddling -- until nighttime, when I can't get him off me. He must curl up either next to me (under the covers, except for the head, no covers on the head) or on my pillow ('scuse me, his pillow). Usually he paces back and forth between these two locations, and will wake me up if I'm not lifting the covers up for him. All the while purring fit to bust. Love is a very busy thing.

He also loooooves going into the bathroom with us. Don't know why. It's just a Thing He Does.

Molly likes to cuddle when we're lying on the couch. She'll jump up on my chest between me and my book, stand there until I realize that it's Not Reading Time Now, then she'll curl up for a nap. She also still likes to ride on shoulders, although it's a dicey hobby now, as she is too big to just perch. So there's lots of lounging around shoulders and necks. Like right now.

Miri isn't the biggest cuddler, but once you're at the computer, it's all over. That's Her Time. She'll stand in front of the monitor until you stop typing, then jump at your chest until you cuddle her. She's also the one most likely to start purring just because you're looking at her.

Miri and Merlin both also like to play Catch the Cursor. I think a really great, hi-tech (expensive) cat toy would be something like Crimsonland (a game Michael's been playing) with a touch-sensitive screen so the cats could actually play along. I know Merlin would adore that.

No comments: