Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The Secret Lives of Cats

I've been home sick for the past two days (a cold that grew into a Sinus Infection) and I have discovered something about the kittens: from 9 to 10 am, they Destroy Things. They separate and find something in the house that shouldn't be chewed or torn and then they, well, you know. Miri likes to rip at the binding in notebooks and sketchbooks, Molly likes to shred paper, and Merlin just knocks things over and gets them stuck under furniture. (Michael, I believe this is when your water bottle finds its way under the bed. And your alarm clock. And your chapstick.)

Why 9 am, you ask? Why not 8 am? Simple: from 8 to 9, kids are lining up for the bus stop (same bus comes back and picks up different age groups for different schools) right across the street. Various groups stop by our window and watch the kittens, who watch back. Ten am to one pm they play with each other (with snack breaks), 1 to 2:45ish they nap. Then it's time to Watch Kids again. This takes a little longer than the morning, because some of the kids drop off their stuff at home and come back for an encore. The kittens will tag-team and take turns napping, so as to keep up the show a little bit longer. Somewhere in here is when I come home from work, and it's time to Sit On Mama And Make Her Take A Nap. (I don't mind -- wouldn't want to disappoint the kids, you know.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry this has nothing to do with cats. I was just surfing and was wondering, was that you that posted on Consumerist about airbrushing?

Giacinta

Hannah said...

Also nothing to do with cats...but how did the French Market turn out? Did any of my cards/enlargements/purses sell? I hope some of the cards did, at least, after all the work I put into them. When things are over with the Market, would you let me know please? Thanks!

How's the fall weather this year in Wheaton?

Hope you are feeling better soon.