Wednesday, October 24, 2007

A Quiet Month

I was just scrolling through my blog folder and saw that I hadn't posted in almost a month ... yeah, that happens sometimes.

Although I had promised Husband that I would post this one really, really daft thing I did. So I'd better get it over with.

We were coming back from a Trinity (College? University? There's two of them, and it's not the first one you're thinking of) somewhere southeast of here. It was a little late (7:30 -- I get to work at 6 am, people! 7:30 pm is Late!) and I was admittedly very tired. But I was driving 'cause Michael was sick and it was my car, so yeah. I was heading down a long, light-free, two-lane stretch of Roosevelt when the road curved a little bit to the right. So little, in fact, that I didn't notice and thought the truck in the right lane was drifting toward me. I honked and swerved out of the way -- and back into my lane.

So essentially, I almost swerved into a truck, then honked at him and swerved back.

If anyone drives a truck and this story sounds familiar, I'm sorry. I know I'm an idiot.

No comments: