Monday, January 08, 2007

The Word is Out

Apparently, we are the Suckers of the Animal World. Two tree squirrels (I've named them Jasper and Emily) have decided that we are Nice People Who Should Feed Them. They're definitely male and female, I'm gonna guess they're mates (not that I've seen evidence, thank goodness). They just showed up on our balcony one day, and Jasper came right up to our door to ask for food. Naturally, I obliged. Emily is very much the shyer of the two and I don't have any pics of her yet, but here's several of Jasper.
He likes hanging out on Michael's bike. He's also tried to store grapes on it, to no avail.




But it's also a great place for Thinking Squirrel Thoughts.











Now, this is something I've never seen before. A squirrel just Hanging Out. He's not eating, he's not washing his whiskers, he's not doing anything. Just watching life.


He watched me take pictures, but didn't seem to mind.
Even though he's really close to where we're standing.

1 comment:

Nate said...

Kermit's been phoning 'round, then?