Thursday, January 11, 2007

I've created a fuzzy monster

So FuzzButt woke me up at 4:30 this morning (my day off, no less) with his Alarm Call. (An emphatic squeak! repeated at about 60 bpm.) I went out to check on him -- it usually means he knocked something over and wants us to Fix It. Can't find anything. Turn on the light. Still can't find anything. Open the cage door to make sure the wheel can still turn (usually the problem -- he has a tendency to wedge things against it). While checking various pieces of furniture, he clambers onto my pajamas and sniffs at my ear.

Oh.

So I obligingly step back to he can jump to his cage. As I'm herding him into the cage (if this isn't done quickly, he's on his way to Higher Things), he zips back up my arm. One more jump, then close the cage and back to bed (for me).

Five minutes later, he woke me again. Same story, only this time he worked his way all the way down to the hem of my very-oversized pajama shirt, only to find there's a lot of swing there. Whee! Had to help him up a bit.

I'm just glad he didn't pee on me.

No comments: