Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Quoteable, D&D update

"What are you, uncivilized? We cook rats on a grill!"

There is still some discussion as to whether I, as a cleric of Jan Querion, would have actually grilled anything (let alone a Dire Rat) on the altar of said deity for personal consumption. I say -- I'm a level one cleric with hardly any knowledge of religious things, didn't know it was a Dire Rat, and my dad made me sleep in the dang hayloft all my life! I see food, I cook food, I eat food! Ha!

Also, I am no longer a Dungeon Master. The intrepid party of level one adventurers ran headlong into a room of level 3 critters and all died. Turns out there were a couple of things I could have done as DM to prevent that from happening (mostly involving tweaking the rules), but this is what happens when the DM is inexperienced, I'm afraid. Ah, well. It's nice to take a turn as a character again and get some more experience from the sidelines.

No comments: