Monday, July 17, 2006

Smash

Update for those who may have lost various housing lotteries:

Saint and Elliot are down! I tried finding some news in the online alumni magazine, but got quickly bored. Anyone know what's up? I saw a trailer parked between the dorms a few months ago, with a banner on it that said something about a fire department training course ... then extensive smoke damage staining the bricks of Elliot ... then, last week, Elliot was almost completely razed. I haven't seen the progress this week yet (am home sick), but curiosity is indeed piqued.

Oh - and the former First Chicago/Bank One/Chase Bank building located directly across the street from the Public Library is also torn down -- they're putting up condos.

1 comment:

Nate said...

I lived in Saint voluntarily for five semesters (four in a double, one in a single), no housing lottery lost. And I really liked living there.

Steal a brick for me if you can find one :)