Thursday, June 01, 2006

Meh

A Royal Snark that I'm sure all the girls will understand (except, perhaps, for the veryvery skinny ones) ...

... WHERE THE HECK ARE WE SUPPOSED TO BUY CLOTHES NOW?!?

Honestly, does anyone know? I actually like some of the vintagey-frillish things that are out there right now, but they're never styled for anyone with, how shall we say? Jordana could help me out here, anything of a chest. Even larger sizes don't work. It's like clothing designers don't realize that when a woman, well, is a woman, she doesn't get bigger at the exact same rate all around. The proportions are different. Just look at Lindsey "Nyah-nyah, they're real after all" Lohan -- 15 or so pounds was the difference of a couple cup sizes.

I'm healthy, I bike to work, I eat my leafy greens, I can lift dozens of cases of wine a day, I can do everything except find a decent blouse (non-Oxford-type -- sorry, Land's End) to wear to a wedding.

If anyone knows of a retailer -- online or otherwise -- who makes sensible clothing, please let me know. I'm just not a good enough seamstress yet.

2 comments:

Neb said...

Yeah... don't know how to help you there. My own personal struggle is Pants. I cannot find comfortable pants, in any size. I am apparently just an entirely different shape from the waist down than every other woman on the planet (or at least the ones that the clothing manufacturers use as models...?)

Also? Some of the more tasteful items at Walmart (yes, I have been known to purchase a few clothing items there- shocking, I know) only come in Plus Size. Because, obviously, if you are size 12 or smaller you will only be interested in skanky tank tops with sassy phrases on them.

Alysia said...

I might not be able to help with Pants, but I've possibly figured out Jeans, since I wear them every day.

Seriously, try men's jeans. I LOVE Levis 529s. Straight leg, low rise, always the same size, and Sears carries them.

And is it wrong that I really, really wish Liz Lange designed more for Target than just maternity wear?